Visual Design, User Experience, Rich Media production, Prototyping
Skype.com receives over 2 million unique visitors a day, and is localised to over 25+ languages across the globe. Making it one of the most visited websites in the world. With such a highly trafficked site, every detail needs to be carefully considered, well researched, tested and optimised in order to provide quality on boarding and support for users.
As an early member of the a growing in house design team, I have been involved in growing the team of the team, creating framework fundamentals and establishing design cohesion throughout for skype.com and 3rd party websites.
• Refining the visual language for a new era of Skype.com (within the Microsoft ecosystem).
• Laying the foundations for the next generation support and community site, resulting in more users getting the satisfied users getting the help they need.
• Simplifying the site with a user centred experience, focusing on engaging content, responsive behaviours and much improved accessibility.
• Working closely with research teams to shape a plan to test design and refine future iterations
• Used 3D and motion tools to produce polished assets, prototype interactions and create video assets.
To see the full case study including interaction spec - firstname.lastname@example.org